The hoopla and festivities of the Christmas holiday are over. My Christmas day was joyous, full of laughter and an abundance of blessings– Quality family time, delicious food, and our heartwarming gift exchange.
Today, I decided to stay in my PJ’s, make it my official blog catch up day and do nothing else. No cooking… Both refrigerators are full of leftovers. No cleaning… rolling dust balls, specks of wrinkled bows, wrapping paper bits, and cookie crumbs will live on a second day without my attention.
2013 was an enjoyable year for my blog. Balancing work, family, and me time proved to be challenging at times, but I made it work. This year, Lexa’s Journal was nominated for several blogger awards. I am honored and thankful!
Until today, I haven’t been able to properly and genuinely respond and accept the awards. My delay has nothing to do with my genuine appreciation and gratitude that I feel toward my nominees!
The Liebster Award!!!!!
I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by two fabulous bloggers!
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Christina’s Body Rebooted blog, gives excellent advice on nutrition and inspiration to improve your overall health. Fitness, health and wellness are the nucleus of my life, so I look forward to discovering new ideas and recipes on her blog.
Monday Morning Motivation first grabbed my attention with an enlightening post about human trafficking. HT is on the rise in New Jersey as is across the country. Awareness is a key to prevention. If the topic is new to you, visit his page and learn more about it. But the blog is much deeper in content. I Am Worth The Effort is an outstanding initiative to empower both men and women to be their best. This blog is a definite go-to for daily inspiration.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Post acceptance post and include a thank you to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Choose at least 10 bloggers you wish to nominate with links to their blogs.
3. Answer 10 questions your nominator sent to you.
4. Include 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. No tag backs.
Questions for me and my answers:
1. Why did you start blogging? I have always enjoyed writing. I decided to put my thoughts to paper (key board) to share my life experiences and challenges with readers to hopefully encourage, inspire, and give hope to others.
Have you ever felt like giving up on blogging? No. When I started blogging, I worried about having the time to keep up a blog. I no longer worry about that. I set a goal to blog no less than one day per week and, for the most part, I have been able to keep up with that schedule.
3. What has been your experience with your readers so far? Positive, encouraging, and educational. I am a life learner and the blogging community has so much to offer.
4. Do you plan to one day turn your blog into a career? No.
5. Many bloggers are working on a manuscript. Are you planning to write a book, or have one already started? No, I haven’t started a manuscript, but do have plans to write a book. I am still figuring out my niche.
6. What’s the last act of random kindness that you performed? Over the summer, I solicited the help of my husband, another family member and friend to buy school and dorm supplies for a young woman to go off to college.
7. If money and time weren’t an issue, what’s the one thing you’ve always dreamed of doing that you would do? Open a fitness center that focuses on health and nutrition for teens.
8. Who has had the biggest influence on the way you view yourself now? Seriously… Oprah Winfrey! Her old talk show and the new network, OWN has opened a door to a wealth of knowledge and new ways of thinking for me. The recommended books, enlightening interviews such as the likes of Maya Angelou has taught me well. I learned to break unhealthy family cycles.
9. What’s your favorite book, and why? Hmm…. Today I would say, “the untethered soul; the journey beyond yourself” by Michael A. Singer Although I’m still reading the book, it is helping me to understand and guide my inner voice.
10. If you celebrate Christmas, what’s your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night sung by Patti LaBelle
Questions for my nominees to answer:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your best blogging tip?
3. What is your favorite time of the year?
4. What is your favorite movie and why?
5. Your earliest memory goes back to what age?
6. If you had to teach something what would you teach?
7. Would you rather have more time or money?
8. What makes you smile?
9. If you weren’t scared what would you do?
10. What do you do for fun?
My 10 nominees are: